Friday, September 16, 2011

Welcome to the Blog!

We lead hectic lives and have countless demands on our time, so I appreciate that you have taken time out of your day to visit this blog.  Thank you.  I hope you will find the time spent here worthwhile.  Specifically, I aspire that you would be challenged, encouraged and even perhaps enlightened by what you read in this space.
I am a law professor.  I am also a person of faith.  Specifically, I am a Christian.  Like most adults, the majority of my waking hours are spent doing work for my job.  And as a Christian, my beliefs influence my perspective and my opinions on a variety of worldly issues.  In this blog, I will be exploring the interaction of these two important aspects of my life.  I will be writing on topics related to the influence of Christianity (and Christians) on our American system of government and our secular laws.
As a lawyer and an academic, I anticipate that my writing will be primarily of interest to lawyers, law students, and others in academia.  However, because the intersection of faith and secular government impacts a much broader segment of the population, I welcome readers who have no direct involvement in the legal profession.  Whatever brought you to this site, I welcome you and encourage you to post comments.


Romans 12:3

Contribute to the needs of God’s people, and welcome strangers into your home.


No comments:

Post a Comment