Sunday, February 26, 2012

I Heart Michele Bachmann

[Note: Blogger's interface would not allow me to insert a heart symbol in the title between the words "I" and "Michele."]

I have to admit I am rather a fan of Michele Bachmann. 

I’ve alluded to that before in prior posts.  However, it is rather a curious thing because I disagree with her on pretty much every political issue.  I’d be hard pressed to come up with a political issue on which we have much common ground.

Nonetheless, I am excited that such an eloquent, strong, intelligent Evangelical woman has become so prominent in secular politics.  That seems a rather remarkable development in many ways because Evangelical theology typically views a rather narrow role for women and shuns non-familial vocations for them. 

Because of my interest in Michele Bachman, I’m going to devote the next few blog posts to news items that caught my attention about the congresswoman last fall.  They may seem a little old since she subsequently ended her presidential campaign.  Nonetheless, she is still a highly visible member of the House of Representatives and I would envision a high profile for her political career in the future.  Even though she is no longer actively campaigning for the GOP presidential nomination, her star has not permanently wanted.


Judges 4:4-5

And Deborah, a prophetess, the wife of Lapidoth, judged Israel at that time.

And she dwelt under the palm-tree of Deborah between Ramah and Bethel in mount Ephraim; and the children of Israel came up to her for judgment.

No comments:

Post a Comment